Ocean Towers

Feel free to post your suggestions here! Just remember, nothing outrageous, nor anything that would require modding. This is just for fun, so don't expect anything to be added, but it is possible.
Terra1
Forum Newbie

Ocean Towers

Postby Terra1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Ocean Towers are placed around the map which are simple watchtowers armed with an AA Gun and are invincible however the person manning the gun can be killed and the tower captured.
This would allow for factions to make a sense of "Territory" where the towers controlled by a faction could be counted as their "Territory" ingame. (Not actually coding in territory just an idea for how it could be used)
They are just simple defenses that can be captured by factions and can be useful as both defenses and markers for the factions.
StoneColdAJ
Forum Contributer

Re: Ocean Towers

Postby StoneColdAJ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:43 pm

This would require coding so I don't think it will be accepted, but that's just me. This would be cool but they already have plans let's not spoil or ruin them.
The #1 Stone made man
#Stone4Pres2040
Megablocks12
Forum Contributer
Location: Take a left, then another left, then another left, then one more left, then this right...

Postby Megablocks12 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Sounds like a cool idea. It wouldn't require coding.
Would it be placed right outside the boundaries of a faction's claimed territory?
Veteran
arkery
Forum Veteran

Postby arkery » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Megablocks12 wrote:Sounds like a cool idea. It wouldn't require coding.
Would it be placed right outside the boundaries of a faction's claimed territory?
Agreed, we could in theory just make towers out of bedrock and reinforce the blocks under the dirt with bedrock.
Makethe most out of your life
roboticj
Forum Veteran

Postby roboticj » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:12 am

arkery wrote:
Megablocks12 wrote:Sounds like a cool idea. It wouldn't require coding.
Agreed, we could in theory just make towers out of bedrock and reinforce the blocks under the dirt with bedrock.
World guard - block breaking = false - much easier and less annoying
Head Administrator
Web Administrator
Professional Bad-Guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6RMmZKSYmmZ33uVuuMI-og

martmn
Forum Contributer

Postby martmn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:33 am

Terra1 wrote:Ocean Towers are placed around the map which are simple watchtowers armed with an AA Gun and are invincible however the person manning the gun can be killed and the tower captured.
This would allow for factions to make a sense of "Territory" where the towers controlled by a faction could be counted as their "Territory" ingame. (Not actually coding in territory just an idea for how it could be used)
They are just simple defenses that can be captured by factions and can be useful as both defenses and markers for the factions.
People would drive into them and they would be generally annoying. I was already cutting down alot of land on the new map and Im still not concern about
wether there is enough water/seas for ships to move/fight on.
USSR senator
Senior Moderator
:D
871dalencon
Forum Contributer

Postby 871dalencon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 am

The factions are built. If the enemy captured the territory, this would mess all up. Can you imagine japan ruling the u.s.a territory? That would just be messed up.
I871DalenconI
Highly Experienced NBZ Builder
*Part Of The Dev-Team 2016
COURAGE
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters
compared to what lies within us.
Wrangler
Forum Leader

Postby Wrangler » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Funny thing weeks ago as hobby, i was building light houses around the maps. See how long they lasted, some were meant as warning beacons keep player ships from crashing into undersea monuments and land. They could be used for such thing if that needed.

With reset coming up, all this stuff going be gone by the way side anyways.
Have big guns, will travel.
See the Schematic list of the Server - Link Here - http://schematics.navalbattlezone.com:82/
Terra1
Forum Newbie

Postby Terra1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Megablocks12 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:19 pm
Sounds like a cool idea. It wouldn't require coding.
Quick correction
(I know this is necroing, but I re-suggested this back on NC)
This would not be placed on corners of a faction's territory, these would be randomly placed around the map by staff using worldedit, and could then be claimed by factions and turned into bases.