Officially announcing a major project

Player management and general social forum.
Terra1
Forum Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Officially announcing a major project

Postby Terra1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 am

So, i'm posting this here because NavalClash is incredibly restrictive and essentially everyone hates me there.
I am announcing a project to optimise the NavyCraft plugin.
You can find the plugin here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/navy ... ite.42297/
and the source code here: https://github.com/Maximuspayne/NavyCraft2-Lite
This is the license: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
So, the project is primarily based around:
1: Removing unecessary code
2: Commenting everything
3: Optimising it so it runs better.
The more code removed without compromising functionality, the better.
As soon as this is done, i'll start another project (adding more stuff to the plugin and re-adding the automated shipyard system that was removed in the lite version)
Knottysteak37
Forum Contributer
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Officially announcing a major project

Postby Knottysteak37 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 am

Terra1 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 am
So, i'm posting this here because NavalClash is incredibly restrictive and essentially everyone hates me there.
I am announcing a project to optimise the NavyCraft plugin.
You can find the plugin here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/navy ... ite.42297/
and the source code here: https://github.com/Maximuspayne/NavyCraft2-Lite
This is the license: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
So, the project is primarily based around:
1: Removing unecessary code
2: Commenting everything
3: Optimising it so it runs better.
The more code removed without compromising functionality, the better.
As soon as this is done, i'll start another project (adding more stuff to the plugin and re-adding the automated shipyard system that was removed in the lite version)
First off, you're what, 12?
Second off, everything you listed is the "lite" version.
Third, there have been god knows how many people actually trying to "optimize" this plugin for god knows how long, all of which with VAST amounts of knowledge surpassing yours.
Fourth, everyone doesn't hate you, I only "hate" you for spamming forums with your on a whim suggestions, that you could've easily compiled to not spam the forums.
I seriously doubt that you will have the funds, the time, the willpower, the manpower and the knowledge to actually complete this. You've seen how hard the Navalclash staff have shat on Solmex (it can be argued if this is deserved or not.) As well, there have been countless people that decided they could one up the NBZ or NC server, and look how they're doing.
Adventure117217
Forum Contributer
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:36 am

Re: Officially announcing a major project

Postby Adventure117217 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 am

Uhm, the code is in Maxghetti, it's literally his own version of the code and I will be impressed if you manage to decode 10k+ or (100k+) lines of code.
#MakeNBZGreatAgain
#SaveNBZ
Apex-NBZEMpire war veteran.(Loads of other wars included)
"I have fought 60 battles, and never learned anything I knew from the start" -Napoleon Bonaparte
"Everything will be forgotten." -Adventure117217
xXblueflames
Forum Leader
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:13 am

Re: Officially announcing a major project

Postby xXblueflames » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 am

Keep the salt down. If this guy wants to play with code, why not? Doesn't hurt anyone and if anything it helps everyone in the Navycraft community. :D
Whatever... That one guy who sinks you to much.
User avatar
TheInventorMan
Forum Contributer
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:20 pm

Re: Officially announcing a major project

Postby TheInventorMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:39 pm

xX[i wrote:[/i]blueflames post_id=74533 time=1523809827 user_id=2864]
Keep the salt down. If this guy wants to play with code, why not? Doesn't hurt anyone and if anything it helps everyone in the Navycraft community. :D
^ This.
Adventure117217 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 am
Uhm, the code is in Maxghetti, it's literally his own version of the code and I will be impressed if you manage to decode 10k+ or (100k+) lines of code.
Uh, no. The plugin is made in standard Java - pretty darn bad Java, sure - but Java nonetheless. Several people have already tried to take up development on the thing, too.
For that matter, I've personally recoded the shipyard from the ground-up for NavalClash, and fix bugs in the main jar whenever someone asks really nicely.
NBZ Jr. Mod
Adventure117217
Forum Contributer
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:36 am

Re: Officially announcing a major project

Postby Adventure117217 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:33 pm

TheInventorMan wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:39 pm
xX[i wrote:[/i]blueflames post_id=74533 time=1523809827 user_id=2864]
Keep the salt down. If this guy wants to play with code, why not? Doesn't hurt anyone and if anything it helps everyone in the Navycraft community. :D
^ This.
Adventure117217 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 am
Uhm, the code is in Maxghetti, it's literally his own version of the code and I will be impressed if you manage to decode 10k+ or (100k+) lines of code.
Uh, no. The plugin is made in standard Java - pretty darn bad Java, sure - but Java nonetheless. Several people have already tried to take up development on the thing, too.
For that matter, I've personally recoded the shipyard from the ground-up for NavalClash, and fix bugs in the main jar whenever someone asks really nicely.
Guess I was lied to for the past 4 years then.
#MakeNBZGreatAgain
#SaveNBZ
Apex-NBZEMpire war veteran.(Loads of other wars included)
"I have fought 60 battles, and never learned anything I knew from the start" -Napoleon Bonaparte
"Everything will be forgotten." -Adventure117217
User avatar
Wrangler
Forum Leader
Posts: 745
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Officially announcing a major project

Postby Wrangler » Mon May 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Max posted his lite version of the navycraft codes in late 2017 after clash and iron seas came around and merged.

I've read the posts, not many people actually found it useful. Which is a shame. Having healthy alternatives to choose from is better then no choices at all.
Have big guns, will travel.
See the Schematic list of the Server - Link Here - http://schematics.navalbattlezone.com:82/

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests