NBZ Memories

A place to post your favorite screenshots, videos, and other works of art related (or possibly unrelated) to the NBZ Server.
Maximuspayne
Forum Contributer

NBZ Memories

Postby Maximuspayne » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:53 pm

To kick off this new picture forum, I'm going to show a few old screenshots I found from the older NBZ server days.

The first known screenshots of Naval Battlezone, at its birthplace in the Atlantis Dock. The three original ships can be seen, the DDAtlantis, CLCastle, and Uboat VII.

An old DDAtlantis in front of the (new at the time) War World 1 spawn, still pre-texture pack.

An old pre-texture pack CLCastle.

Pre-texture pack UboatVII.

The second version of the original spawn airplane fighters. Post texture pack.

The old WW1 spawn, after texture pack and with the new planes.

The original CA-Spartacus, that got lost when the server world became corrupted one day.

The huge battleship that used to be parked next to the WW1 spawn (and players used to attack repeatedly) the BB Iowa.

Who remembers these old UBoat warning signs?

Tank battle!

And finally...some wrecks at the Wall of Shame!
mikeski820
Forum Contributer

Re: NBZ Memories

Postby mikeski820 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:54 am

max, this is a great idea for the forums and I really like it. P.S. LOL, the wall of shame :lol:
Server Mod Mikeski820 Wolfpack Navy Admiral
digitaldave303
Forum Leader

Postby digitaldave303 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:55 pm

I remember all of this. we should put the ohio back next to spawn. that things is badass.
Owner
awesome65432
Forum Contributer

Postby awesome65432 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm

i was at the tank battle while skyping with creepy creeper and exodia9 and when i first joined spawn was like in the 8th picture and i think i was the one driving that plane i remember because max spawned it and said something like "this a new torpedo plane ive been working on" and so i flew it around of course i was a noob and also you didnt have to buy ships so i ended crashing it somewere in the ocean. i still have fond memories of that tank battle i got be in because i snuck downstairs at midnight to play on this server
awesome6543
Professional sub captain and pilot
Wing Commander Exodus
protise
Forum Newbie

Postby protise » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 pm

digitaldave303 wrote:I remember all of this. we should put the ohio back next to spawn. that things is badass.
lol iowa?
Ex-Svr-Mod
Racn4az
The Original Mod
protise
Forum Newbie

Postby protise » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 pm

so many good times on this server. i still remeber when i first started playing and the iowa and yamato where parked in the world with the two seperate docks everythings come so far its hard to believe it used to be a sever where you were lucky to see one other person on
Ex-Svr-Mod
Racn4az
The Original Mod
codman1234100
Forum Leader

Postby codman1234100 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:20 pm

OMG they still have the shipyard thing in the creative docks!
WolfPack
blueheadedtiger
Forum Leader

Postby blueheadedtiger » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:40 pm

I think we should carry on this topic. Anyone else got any OLD screenshots of nbz!
EX Offical NBZ Military Police [NOOOO!]

Trainer
Freelance Web Developer
hydraulicmink4
Forum Veteran

Postby hydraulicmink4 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Ahhh, I remember when I was a noob. I built a suckish ship and me and TheFalcon76 went and sailed it and got sunk by another noob. :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :lol: 8-) :? :shock: :o :( ;) :) :D (all the faces)
blueheadedtiger
Forum Leader

Postby blueheadedtiger » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 am

I built a carrier and dave sailed it with me!! but it had no hull, engines or launchers so e had to fix it. sadly I lost it in the reset, but that was my first sailing experience. I wasn't trained by a trainer it was dave!!!

Trainer
Freelance Web Developer
AsladMC
Forum Veteran

Postby AsladMC » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:54 am

Heheh.
I remember how I first found and joined NBZ - on a creative server I built a VTOL on my plot and by coincidence jackc2244 (Who left recently) saw it. I happened to say "Man, I wish it could move" and he replied "It could - look up Naval Battle Zone"

My dream had come true.
He trained me on everything and then let me build a ship2 on his plot (now gone).My first ever ship on my own plot was.... An unarmed exploration submarine.
Yup...

I still have it, too (Thanks Zappy!)

That's how I joined NBZ.
;)
NBZ Ex-Admin
Ace Pilot
Leader of Stormwolf

|||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||

TheMightyEdder
Site Admin
Location: Norway, You know that cold place nobody cares about?

Postby TheMightyEdder » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:15 am

I joined first in 2011. I was on a pvp server, and i built a ship at my base. It was epic at that time (made of wood and logs) so i wounderd: Hmm it would be cool to drive ships in MC. So i went on youtube, and i found 1ali. I saw a couple of vids and looked up the ip. 4th of july was my arrival. When i first joined i met Dave, dave showed me around and gave me a plot (Had to be maually handed at that time) and me and dave built a little ship together. Not sure if dave remembers this though.

I played 1-3 hours a day in around 6 months till i left and came back at September 9th 2012. NBZ had major changes and i started playin for real. I got one of my friends online (Tropic_BliZz) and we played a lot. Then ladis and gentlemen i was so smart that i invited my good friend irl RaZzixX99 and we started playing together. We both got Captain rp rank after some merchant hunts. I later on applyed for Trainer, and got the rank at 3rd of February 2013. I did my duty for about 6 months :) (listen up Trainers) Then my fellow Precise promoted me to DM. My DM rank lasted for 20 hours then i got a promo to MP xD. My MP period was longest of all Periods. I did my duty as MP and here i stand today as SM

This is my NBZ story witch means a lot to me.
-edder
Server Administrator
Head Noob Slayer
EnderCreep
Forum Contributer

Postby EnderCreep » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:07 pm

Man.. I remember back in the old days when i first joined :) . the Enterprise spawn was amazing and i actually miss it.
Now to my story of joining... One day, sometime in August 2013, I was really eager to make my builds come to life (I LOVE to build vehicles in singleplayer) I decided "Hmmm, lets try to get the Zeppelin mod, and possibly Boat and ships mod." So then, i Looked it up on google but sadly i didnt know how to download forge so i got stumped, untill i was on youtube and found 1Ali's channel in my recommended bar in the homepage, i clicked on it, watched it and i decided,"OMG finnaly a server that doesnt require forge AND has Workable Vehicles!! :D " So i joined the next day, i was never trained by an official Trainer so i learned by my self.. :)
Then came Kriegsmarine, a month after i joined: one of the best Naval Superpowers of the time, next to Wolfpack, our closest ally, and former arch enemy.

And this is how i came to be on NBZ
-EnderCreep999
Air power may either end war or end civilization.

— Winston Churchill, House of Commons, 14 March 1933.
Boom
Site Admin

Postby Boom » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:26 am

Ahh, the memories.........

I first joined in early July 2011.
I got a new laptop and a couple of days later I got MC. I was always on single player and got bored very fast. So went on google and typed in something along the lines of "Rare MC servers" and i seen a few, then I seen NBZ's old website, so I went on and had a read through the servers explanation. I found the IP and then logged on for the very first time. When i joined I was greeted by no-one as I was a noob. I looked around and saw the huge building behind me, and it had in diamond letters "ARMORY" and i went walk abouts in the building and discovered i had access to nothing xD.

Then after a couple of days I met CloudCrunch99. He was the first person I ever touched a boat with. After seeing what the server could offer me, i decided to ask someone for a plot. This was all done manually as well. And thats when I met Premejo, he gave me my first ever plot, and i built a terrible ship, some of you may have seen it.
Then along came the big update for the server. I left for a good 2 months even after the update. And then came back and was like "Hmmmmm, lets go back on" and to my surprise we had a new spawn and everything, it was beautiful. After proving my worth on a ship and stuff, I joined RISE. only to find a couple of weeks later that we would fall.

Then I played as a lone shark. And then discovered some new plots, that I could use. And I built my first ever submarine and thats when I noticed that I had a talent for building submarines.Then I progressed and then in 2012, I asked for trainer, and received the position 4 months later. Then I was trainer for 4 months before being removed one day, and the reason "I wasn't doing my job" and many of you know this day when it happened.
After having 10 people vouch for me I recieved my position again, and stayed there for another 7 months. Then I was moved to DM after such a long time, and after 4 months of being a DM, I moved up to MP for 4 hours, before receiving Server Mod.

And here I am today, after hardships and laughs and losses. I am an SM on our server, and proud to be.
Admin
JohnClinton
Forum Muddler

Postby JohnClinton » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 pm

I joined in mid 2012 and a few weeks later was jailed for spamming. After a few days I was released by NavalAviator720
and I never was jailed again. Later on i snuck on a suicide mission with mosshadow naval aviator and chaotic, they caught me and kicked me off but I was tped back. After that I had found some new friends and my first fun plane attack. In the next few months I joined many factions and met more people including: Roboticj Templar ketron and cows. Finally in early 2014 I joined America and became CIA, but after awhile it was disbanded and I joined UnitedKingdom which I am now the Head of the British Embassy
Last edited by JohnClinton on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left the server
T050189
Forum Veteran

Postby T050189 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:54 am

If I'm not wrong I joined in 2011.
I have had an interest in warships for quite some time, and after getting MC I looked up"Naval Battle Server".

First thing I saw, was the image of a DD-Atlantis.

Clicked on it, found the IP, logged on.

No one was online :roll:

Didn't know how to play, didn't know how to drive.

I left for almost a year.

Then one day I rediscovered the IP and came back.

I was trained, if i remember correctly, in several sessions, by creepycreeper, Chao, and I think Boba.
I got my first rank up while afk on creepy's sub XD

One of the most memorable parts of my journey in NBZ was when I ranked up to Cmndr.
Right after I claimed my first ship3, I built the original Leviathan in it, the ship that I suppose best symbolizes my jump from noob to experienced player.

Oh and, holy crap Dwing's giant rainbow XD

I continued for a long time as regular player. Me and Chao became good friends, and he got me into NSOF by getting Naval to see Leviathan.
One day, I mustered up the courage to ask for Trainer. With a lot of support from people like Chao and Boom, I got it.

I stayed as Trainer for quite some time, and then I asked for a promo to DM. I got it after a week or so, and was then promoted to MP almost overnight.

During the Carrier Spawn I remember Dave doing a Enchanted Book drop, which I then used to craft the Fus Ro Dah weapon that is probably turned into one of my trademarks :P
As well, during Carrier spawn I developed what might be the first effective cannon-fighter in NBZ; the Illusion Jumpjet.
I don't know if I started the craze, but right after I built it cannon-armed planes started popping up everywhere .-.
Illusion was lost when carrier spawn went down, and has been replaced by the MiG25 and the Me.262 HGII.

The original Leviathan is now long gone. I think it still lives on in the schematics folder, however, and it once had a place as the large battleship that was moored in the previous spawn.
It has since been replaced by the hulking brute Leviathan II, and the current, sleek, modern Leviathan III.

A few months ago I started playing WoT and have since improved my tank building in NBZ drastically, starting with the ISU and ELC AMX. My tanks tend to have a huge punch and a lot of visual mishmash, and are mostly based on real life ones.

Caltrop, the Ship3 destroyer that shared oldspawn with the original Leviathan, was built during then and still has a place in my garage today.

Helden, my trademark "Made-in-China-Super-Expendible" pirate ship, was built only during the ending days of the previous spawn. Still have it.

The legendary pile of indestructible junk called "Harbinger" was built last year in August, when I was heavily inspired by Pacific Rim and catamaran designs. On it's first voyage it fought against and sank 7 ships of various size, while taking only moderate damage and only sinking after a crew member decided that taking command and /ship sinking would be a good idea. *cough* alfon *cough*

That's my story.
Ferrari ain't got no sh!t on this
upuu
Forum Veteran
Location: Puunited States of Puumurica or the Soviet Puunion or Puunited Kingdom

Postby upuu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:12 am

SCRangers wrote:I'm sad that I was not on then, it would have been so cool to see the server grow and change. What happened then shaped the NBZ we know today and I'm disappointed I wasn't a part of it. Honestly the first thing I remember of NBZ is Shadow showing me the signs and sailing with Nathaniel (who is still on). I joined during the previous spawn and went straight to shipyards and built a ship with no hull. Share some of your expierences, I would like to see how other people did on their first day.
Me too. I wish I was there to shape NBZ, but I only joined NBZ in early Febuary.
Check out my YouTube channel UPUU!
[url=http://csgo-stats.com/upuu/][img]http://csgo-stats.com/upuu/graphic.png[/img][/url]
TheMightyEdder
Site Admin
Location: Norway, You know that cold place nobody cares about?

Postby TheMightyEdder » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:13 am

I remember i trained you a bit zhang xD ensign Zhang
Server Administrator
Head Noob Slayer
T050189
Forum Veteran

Postby T050189 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:56 am

edderkopp123 wrote:I remember i trained you a bit zhang xD ensign Zhang
XD

There's that

And then there's the denoober...
blueheadedtiger
Forum Leader

Postby blueheadedtiger » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:25 am

T050189 wrote:
XD

There's that

For some reason I cant imagine Zhang as Ensign...

Trainer
Freelance Web Developer
T050189
Forum Veteran

Postby T050189 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:07 am

blueheadedtiger wrote:
T050189 wrote:
XD

There's that

Mainly because you joined looooong after I did and I have a healthy paranoia/OCD that involves staying at least 30 blocks away from the denoober at all times.
ZappedByRubiks
Forum Leader

Postby ZappedByRubiks » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 am

T050189 wrote:
blueheadedtiger wrote:
T050189 wrote:
XD

There's that

Mainly because you joined looooong after I did and I have a healthy paranoia/OCD that involves staying at least 30 blocks away from the denoober at all times.
Mine is to stay 500 blocks away from robo. And if possible hide from him.
Server-Moderator
banana110
Forum Contributer

Postby banana110 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm starting to hate myself at how I joined the server a long time ago but didn't ask for help and so left, only to come on this server again and start playing it about a year later, in february.
T050189
Forum Veteran

Postby T050189 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm

banana110 wrote:I'm starting to hate myself at how I joined the server a long time ago but didn't ask for help and so left, only to come on this server again and start playing it about a year later, in february.
Exactly what happened to me, only that it wasn't me not asking for help but me being in a timezone when no one is online and therefore cannot train me.
alfonzz
Forum Contributer

Postby alfonzz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:28 am

Ill post some screens here too :) They are not that old like the ones of Max because iam not making screens very often but there are some interesting things
Expect something more explosive?
alfonzz
Forum Contributer

Postby alfonzz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:40 am

So here:
1. A very old StarWolf base ( I was aiming at my Zeppelin in this screen)
2. Some strange horses I explored during an expedition in my Red Baron
3. A abandoned base I explored someday...
4. The old StarWolf base
5. Some strange fun...
6. The USN base after some raids... :)
Expect something more explosive?
captjoe101
Forum Newbie

Postby captjoe101 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:35 pm

I remember Rise.. and heres a story from rise.. I took of from akaisers island where he had some modified AT-6s, adn flew to rise city. i said that i was doing this, and i did not hear Toxic055, the leader of rise, to not do this action. i then found it strait ahead and did a wrong turn, crashing into the nuclear power plant. then i did this to the tallest tower, which got me kicked outta rise for like 3 months, loosing my rank of sargent. i rejoined about 3 months ago like i said, and then it was better. thats the story of when i reanacted 9/11 on NBZ!!
Goldgalore
Forum Newbie

Postby Goldgalore » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:26 am

I dont know the month, but im pretty sure I first came on in 2012 (correct me if im wrong on this, but I am pretty sure we had the spawn with the small convoy of trucks right next to the ship spawners and little tents at that spawn). Anyways I didnt know anything really about this server, I had just spent hours looking up "minecraft servers with moving ships" and as soon as I saw an ip id check it out. SO I was on this server and it seemed nice, but no one was on really so I never got trained. after a couple months I left and came back around a year later. By now we had the carrier spawn and I had forgotten everything I had learned so I retrained myself, with some help from signs and random people, and started making new ships. Then, when another server that I played on updated to the newest version of mc, I stoppped playing again for like a year :3. Around 2 months ago I re-re-discovered the server and retrained myself. This time I made a couple good friends (upuu, juju, craig) so I dont think Im going to leave in year long stretches again xD. So yeah, theres my histroy with this server.
Go to my youtube channel! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1U9_X ... ujRY7OIP-w New videos every thursday!
upuu
Forum Veteran
Location: Puunited States of Puumurica or the Soviet Puunion or Puunited Kingdom

Postby upuu » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Goldgalore wrote:I dont know the month, but im pretty sure I first came on in 2012 (correct me if im wrong on this, but I am pretty sure we had the spawn with the small convoy of trucks right next to the ship spawners and little tents at that spawn). Anyways I didnt know anything really about this server, I had just spent hours looking up "minecraft servers with moving ships" and as soon as I saw an ip id check it out. SO I was on this server and it seemed nice, but no one was on really so I never got trained. after a couple months I left and came back around a year later. By now we had the carrier spawn and I had forgotten everything I had learned so I retrained myself, with some help from signs and random people, and started making new ships. Then, when another server that I played on updated to the newest version of mc, I stoppped playing again for like a year :3. Around 2 months ago I re-re-discovered the server and retrained myself. This time I made a couple good friends (upuu, juju, craig) so I dont think Im going to leave in year long stretches again xD. So yeah, theres my histroy with this server.
:)
Check out my YouTube channel UPUU!
[url=http://csgo-stats.com/upuu/][img]http://csgo-stats.com/upuu/graphic.png[/img][/url]
andrewx21
Forum Contributer

Postby andrewx21 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Lol I remember joining.
One day I was on a lone single player world building a warship. It was as long as a ship 2 plot and as wide as a ship 4, and all round very derp. Then I thought, I wonder if there is a ship server out there. Then some how I actually stumbled apon one of ali1's vidios and from then on I searched the internet trying to find the server IP. Finally I found it. For the next hour I would keep trying to join and time out. Eventually I gave up. a month past, and I tried again.... Success! When I got on I believe it was zhang, that offered to train me. I turned him down, and wandered trying to figure things out. Finally, I managed to spawn, and sail a DD out of docks, only to get torpedoed by a PT boat. After that, my nbz career got rolling, I went to sea ranked up, met new people, and joined a faction.
~andrewx21
Is Andrew
Builds Ships
barrelrolls
Forum Leader

Postby barrelrolls » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:34 am

Wow this actually looks more fun than current NBZ
Totally not Cows2932

Seals be like "I'm a PvP master"

Doesn't have posable thumbs, or fingers for that matter
hydraulicmink4
Forum Veteran

Postby hydraulicmink4 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:33 am

barrelrolls wrote:Wow this actually looks more fun than current NBZ
T050189
Forum Veteran

Postby T050189 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:35 am

barrelrolls wrote:Wow this actually looks more fun than current NBZ
It was
banana110
Forum Contributer

Postby banana110 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:18 pm

i would have been older in NBZ time than zhang n stuff if people actually helped me when i first joined
T050189
Forum Veteran

Postby T050189 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:37 am

banana110 wrote:i would have been older in NBZ time than zhang n stuff if people actually helped me when i first joined
No, cuz thats also wat happened to me.
GuntankType98
Forum Contributer

Postby GuntankType98 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 am

I joined somewhere in 2012.
I remember looking for WW2 servers on server lists, when I came across Navalbattlezone.Saw the ip immediately join. I joined with a welcome to NBZ from the many people in that time. The first person I met on this server was navsolve trained me in the basics of nbz and went on to build my first ship as crappy as it is. I continued to meet people over the course of time improving, developing more ships and weapons. I then took a several month to a year break from NBZ. With all the names of people still in my head I rejoined saw the great changes and since then. Have I not stopped once or took a true break from NBZ.

-Ex-Trainer, 97hello_kiki aka. kiki or Canadian

Also sorry for necroposting. I gotta tell my story in rough.
Former Trainer
Republic of Warhammer
A proud and patriotic Canadian!
Canadian Armed Forces/Forces armées canadiennes
Clarinets are best
malevolence89
Forum Contributer

Postby malevolence89 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:29 pm

May I necro with this photo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're going to get.
StoneColdAJ
Forum Contributer

Postby StoneColdAJ » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Oh the old days I joined in 2015 quite a while ago.... it was the best year of my life 1 year ago i had first got minecraft, then I found nbz i remember being in SolarEmpire and seeing this just for our base coords I wonder if Maxcrafter still plays....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The #1 Stone made man
#Stone4Pres2040
MooSnuckel
Forum Veteran

Postby MooSnuckel » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:44 am

Agh the nostalgia!!

Sadly I wasn't here for that time frame, but going back and reading all the stories I'll tell mine, too.

(Also we should keep this topic going)

So me being a cow, and cows aren't that smart, I was taking a summer course in maths I'd say maybe 2-3 summers ago, and my friend was doing it with me.

I didn't have my computer at the time as my parents found my search history- o wait that was later- I'll carry on.

I really only got introduced to minecraft by a friend I played travel football with, and so when my summer school buddy, nikolegoguy (semi-active now) told me about NBZ, I was thinking- maybe I'll start playing minecraft more- and this is definately a step up from drawing battleships in the back of the science classroom,
Right?

So I joined the server, and this was RIGHT before the bitch Chao led Germany- one with the denoober lighthouse- that era, and I was trained by TheAssasinater (spelled that way) only to crash and burn at the end of the runway. Literally.

I remember yelling at Dave during the reset when he was disbanding all the facs, going- "DAVE STOP IT YOU JERK" etc. then I think syrup told me he was the owner so I shut the hell up.

Shortly after that, I started talking to chao, and got into the SS Branch in Germany. This was when I was startingn to leave my mark as a good player, and was always out doing things with staff members (kissass? No I didn't want staff yet lol)

So then after that, I joined United States. That's when I started spawn trapping RyeGuy at ironically the German base, and got perma banned. Oopsie!

So then I got unbanned, and spent 3 months not playing cuz of the bad packet I'd 64 thing- pshh nothing much.

When i came back I was a normal player for a bit- and one day I saw this message in broadcast. "NEED NEW TRAINERS. SHOW US YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES"

The Grind was on. And I spent about a month in a half saying that em message, if anyone needs help message me!

Then one day, I was subbing with Awful and I all of a sudden start seeing *Hidden Chat* in my chat bar.

I was like is this happening?

So I did /say . And bam, the purple message! A second after that came my congratz message.

Sadly for me chao wasn't too pleased I got staff, and I always remember checking my perma when I got on to see if he demoted me again. But really thanks for having my back on that, guys! :D

So they were all banned, and I actually whitenessed waffles last moments on NBZ, I did my duty for maybe 4 months? Then I got mod. I was mod for 2-4 months and then I got Svr-Mod a bit after chachi s downfall/fuckup.

Builder? No I suck at building mostly, but recently I have been getting better :D

So here I am now at Svr-Mod, living NBZ life and with the update ahead and with no drama to deal with- it looks like smooth sailing for the next bit of time. No place I'd rather be.

I'll comb thru my PC tomorrow and look for old screens to show here.

Thank you Dave, for making NBZ, Boom, for Hawkstone, Edder, you goat :D, Funny, the peacekeeper, and Aslad, the one who pulled for me to get staff the most.

No I'm not leaving jeez can a guy not just say thanks? XD
NBZ Rear Admiral-Over 1Million Rank Points!

Arcane Trade Commerce and Support Leader- Message me for cargo shipments and rates.

NBZ Moderator
GuntankType98
Forum Contributer

Postby GuntankType98 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:59 am

MooSnuckel wrote:Agh the nostalgia!!

Sadly I wasn't here for that time frame, but going back and reading all the stories I'll tell mine, too.

(Also we should keep this topic going)

So me being a cow, and cows aren't that smart, I was taking a summer course in maths I'd say maybe 2-3 summers ago, and my friend was doing it with me.

I didn't have my computer at the time as my parents found my search history- o wait that was later- I'll carry on.

I really only got introduced to minecraft by a friend I played travel football with, and so when my summer school buddy, nikolegoguy (semi-active now) told me about NBZ, I was thinking- maybe I'll start playing minecraft more- and this is definately a step up from drawing battleships in the back of the science classroom,
Right?

So I joined the server, and this was RIGHT before the bitch Chao led Germany- one with the denoober lighthouse- that era, and I was trained by TheAssasinater (spelled that way) only to crash and burn at the end of the runway. Literally.

I remember yelling at Dave during the reset when he was disbanding all the facs, going- "DAVE STOP IT YOU JERK" etc. then I think syrup told me he was the owner so I shut the hell up.

Shortly after that, I started talking to chao, and got into the SS Branch in Germany. This was when I was startingn to leave my mark as a good player, and was always out doing things with staff members (kissass? No I didn't want staff yet lol)

So then after that, I joined United States. That's when I started spawn trapping RyeGuy at ironically the German base, and got perma banned. Oopsie!

So then I got unbanned, and spent 3 months not playing cuz of the bad packet I'd 64 thing- pshh nothing much.

When i came back I was a normal player for a bit- and one day I saw this message in broadcast. "NEED NEW TRAINERS. SHOW US YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES"

The Grind was on. And I spent about a month in a half saying that em message, if anyone needs help message me!

Then one day, I was subbing with Awful and I all of a sudden start seeing *Hidden Chat* in my chat bar.

I was like is this happening?

So I did /say . And bam, the purple message! A second after that came my congratz message.

Sadly for me chao wasn't too pleased I got staff, and I always remember checking my perma when I got on to see if he demoted me again. But really thanks for having my back on that, guys! :D

So they were all banned, and I actually whitenessed waffles last moments on NBZ, I did my duty for maybe 4 months? Then I got mod. I was mod for 2-4 months and then I got Svr-Mod a bit after chachi s downfall/fuckup.

Builder? No I suck at building mostly, but recently I have been getting better :D

So here I am now at Svr-Mod, living NBZ life and with the update ahead and with no drama to deal with- it looks like smooth sailing for the next bit of time. No place I'd rather be.

I'll comb thru my PC tomorrow and look for old screens to show here.

Thank you Dave, for making NBZ, Boom, for Hawkstone, Edder, you goat :D, Funny, the peacekeeper, and Aslad, the one who pulled for me to get staff the most.

No I'm not leaving jeez can a guy not just say thanks? XD
I swear I still remember you saying "DAVE STOP IT YOU JERK" and the need any help thing.
Former Trainer
Republic of Warhammer
A proud and patriotic Canadian!
Canadian Armed Forces/Forces armées canadiennes
Clarinets are best
CarsonWerner
Forum Newbie

NBZ

Postby CarsonWerner » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:15 pm

I remember my first time on NBZ. I was making a zeppelin which was the size of the carrier spawn,making it have working sirens and whatnot,when I thought "I wish this could actually fly" So I decided to look at the zeppelin and ship mod. After some technical difficulties I was at a loss,so I thought maybe there was a server that had this stuff. So I found navalbattlezone. I logged in,got a few welcomes, and was left alone,no training whatsoever. I then started training myself with the DD-Atlantis(This was the last update you could select them) and didn't make a ship myself until a few weeks later as I was embarrassingly broke.Since early 2013 I have not been off for more than 3 weeks and have been in many factions doing anything I can to help them stay alive. Alas,they never last long... I have trained many new players and have helped many people. I hope as this update approaches that I can help train more players,help the faction grow and possibly achieve a higher rank such as trainer or mod,although it is a bit of a long shot. Anyways that's my story,and I hope I can help create more.
Now BonnieTheBunny5.
Wrangler
Forum Leader

Postby Wrangler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 am

So, this maybe little nerco, but given how things are now. I think some pictures from the last days of NBZ is appropriate. Who don't know me, I was admin who was on for last couple years of NBZ until it's closure in April 2017. Due to my staff status, i got to explore more place than most average player.

Among unexpected things i discovered is PenguinH20's secret army staged as invading the Shipyard. Outside the shipyard, there bare stone. PenguinH20 (I assume it's him, it's his head and themed vehicles) who was a staff member as well) had large quantity of penguin themed forces. From Infantry, Tanks, Aircraft (look like Penguins), even Power Suit/Mecha. This is one hidden last easter eggs left in the server before it went away. Enjoy
Have big guns, will travel.
See the Schematic list of the Server - Link Here - http://schematics.navalbattlezone.com:82/
Fighter457643
Forum Muddler

Postby Fighter457643 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Wrangler wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 am
So, this maybe little nerco, but given how things are now. I think some pictures from the last days of NBZ is appropriate. Who don't know me, I was admin who was on for last couple years of NBZ until it's closure in April 2017. Due to my staff status, i got to explore more place than most average player.

Among unexpected things i discovered is PenguinH20's secret army staged as invading the Shipyard. Outside the shipyard, there bare stone. PenguinH20 (I assume it's him, it's his head and themed vehicles) who was a staff member as well) had large quantity of penguin themed forces. From Infantry, Tanks, Aircraft (look like Penguins), even Power Suit/Mecha. This is one hidden last easter eggs left in the server before it went away. Enjoy

I remember Peng showing me his army :P
Adventure117217
Forum Contributer

Postby Adventure117217 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Scrolling this forum I found some stories.

Imma say my own:

I joined NBZ in the hot summer of 2014, Nearly 4 years ago. I joined during the Perma facs, which were actually successful, and the server's version was 1.7.10.
I didn't make many friends, and I was one of the "outcast" kids who made a big deal over nothing - didn't understand rules, hell I didn't even use ENGLERISH HURHURUHURURURU
So, I often was thrown into jail, but I was never banned.

I was eventually noticed by someone - a Japanese officer, and I was invited to the faction. I did nothing in Japan, I partook in no raids, no battles, nothing. I didn't help the faction, and I did nothing. So one day I was kicked for unknown reasons. I was then invited into the USSR. I went sailing often, I partook in a raid on a Japanese island in a submarine, but I saw no actual fighting or action. This bored me, so I left the server.

Nearly almost a year (ALMOST. Notice the word ALMOST) of being gone, I rejoined, it was 2015. I had no idea what I'd gotten into when I pressed enter for "/f join NBZEmpire"

From there - it wasn't easy. I met a lot of new players, some were cool, some were not, but I began to talk to a few of them, Raj1966, PenguinH2O, the Leader xXblueflames, and Gavman7015.

I hadn't tasted much faction warefare, and when one day, I was on a massive coastal base, I saw it in the horizon.
It was huge - it was a ship - it was an invasion - it was a day I still remember today.
My First Official Battle.

However, before the battle, I was in a fireteam lead by xXblueflames to do a commando scout raid on a possible apex base. (There was nothing so it's not use mentioning.)

Anyways - back to the main story!
Apex - MrFunnyguy, Martmn, and more. ALl of them. Off that ship they rammed into our base - I first witnessed the new trend and new meme for NBZ - Iron armor an dia axes. We fought in groups - in numbers, and fought bravely. Our base was damaged and our spawners were abused to be destroyed, the staff abused worse than any other server I had seen in my goddamn history of minecraft. But - we won.

The base being destroyed, we moved to a fort base, this is where I engaged in conversation with some members more, and helped dig a runway, (Which would be in vain as we were shelled the next day.) (Please note this was only 1 of the battles I missed.)

I had talked to PenguinH2O a little bit more than the others, and one day when he offered me a raid on Foxtrot with Raj in his new gunships, I accepted, and bam. It was my first attacking wave.

The war would go on - I would make numerous friends and enemies, I would see factions bases and events fall.

Soon, Solarempire was created and a series of raids went down. So did drama.

Then, Im bored so I wont continue.
#MakeNBZGreatAgain
#SaveNBZ
Apex-NBZEMpire war veteran.(Loads of other wars included)
"I have fought 60 battles, and never learned anything I knew from the start" -Napoleon Bonaparte
"Everything will be forgotten." -Adventure117217
Wrangler
Forum Leader

Postby Wrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 pm

You got pictures? Screen shots from it? So we can see your adventures?
See the Schematic list of the Server - Link Here - http://schematics.navalbattlezone.com:82/
Wrangler
Forum Leader

Postby Wrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm

For thoses who haven't gone. NavalClash is basically NBZ in code. Much of what was there is from here. Plenty schemed gems from the past are there. Including fragment from the old old shipyards, including what appears to be Altantis Docks, but didn't spot that boxy Light house, so it's not there.

I honestly wish we had the Iowa, i think that be nice addition to the spawn there. Oh well, thus is life.
MooSnuckel
Forum Veteran

Postby MooSnuckel » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:37 pm

You see guys, memories like these are what shaped our NBZ careers (and possibly our lives at that point) as I vividly remember being bored to death in school waiting to go home so I could play NBZ for 4 hours.
As the people who formed this thread are long gone, and the majority of the forums not being active, posts like these are as close as we can get to being to NBZ, and the only source of nostalgia we have.
I don't know about you all, but I'd give my left testicle to have NBZ go up for only one more day, get all the old players on, just joke around, talk about the memories, and be able to live the NBZ experience one last time.
As immature players that caused this mess in the first place either leaving (camkam) or maturing a lot (Sidewalk) I wish that we could get the old beaut up and running at least one more time.

Dave, whatever server you happen to be on, wherever you are, at least consider starting NBZ back up again. Its a pity that something birthed in 2008, that lasted 9 years with ups and downs, was shut down just like that.

Sorry I got hit with the feels hella hard but it was worth it, even though we have most of the players, the same plugins, and barely any drama on NC, I still miss Naval Battlezone for what it was. Naval Battlezone.
NBZ Rear Admiral-Over 1Million Rank Points!

Arcane Trade Commerce and Support Leader- Message me for cargo shipments and rates.

NBZ Moderator
Wrangler
Forum Leader

Postby Wrangler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:29 am

2008? How hell does it pre-date Minecraft itself?? :o :lol:
Stewie
Forum Muddler

Postby Stewie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:25 am

Now if only we can get an Entire, Indepth, accurate, Version of the APEXvNBZE War, I would be fulfilled.
Wiki Editor
The one guy who never makes good ships.
#makeNBZGreatAgain
President of the Mushroom States
Adventure117217
Forum Contributer

Postby Adventure117217 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 pm

I wanna make a Fandom.Wikia page of all the battles and wars we can record lmao
#MakeNBZGreatAgain
#SaveNBZ
Apex-NBZEMpire war veteran.(Loads of other wars included)
"I have fought 60 battles, and never learned anything I knew from the start" -Napoleon Bonaparte
"Everything will be forgotten." -Adventure117217