From Wiki - Naval Battlezone
Naval Battlezone - Server History
- The Server Begins; Maximuspayne implements his customized codes Movecraft for Minecraft dubbed "NavyCraft".
- Ship4-sized CL Castle is designed to be a testing platform for the newly modified Movecraft and AimCannon plugins. Testing eventually follows.
- By the end of the year, the Server is attacked by former staff members, thus effectively ending the former PlayerFaction server basis. Maximuspayne is now official no longer involved with the server.
- A Temporary world is designed around the events of the Great War (WWI), during which the 2016 Permafaction world is set up for players. A six faction setup is introduced, with the two main contributing factors in WWII (The Allies and The Axis), as the so-called "PermaFactions". As the name suggests, these Factions were to be much larger than the original PlayerFactions, and were supposed to be Permanent. The Allied countries were to have consisted of The US, The UK and Russia, while the Axis were to have consisted of Germany, Italy and Japan. The server is grieved less than a week before it goes live. In a second version, the setup is decided to be too small to support multiple factions, and the amount of PermaFactions is reduced to two. Two chief cities are made for the Factions to operate from, while the rest of the world is seeded with abandoned bases for Allies or Axis factions to capture. However, after two months of game play and erratic leadership issues, the PermaFaction player-basis is discontinued, and PlayerFactions resume, though still using the PermaFaction map.
- In Mid-February, a new "Earth" map is implemented, with a new spawn located near the central West Coast of Africa, in the Gulf of Guinea.
Due to multiple issues, the owner DigitalDave303 closes the server to the public in Mid-April. He announces that the server will be switching to a Whitelist-Only player base. However, by May 2017 the server remains closed. Clones and spin-offs of the original NBZ are created in the vacuum caused by the server's shutdown.
As of Late May 2017, an estimate of 2 naval themed server were established (1 being a copy of the last (1.8.X) rendition of the NBZ). The original NBZ remained offline with only this Wiki and the website itself remaining active.
Discord chat channels are setup as of May. In June, the two NBZ-"Clone" servers, Iron Seas and NavalClash, merge to form one server, using the NBZ Plugins and data. As of then, there were no further signs that the original server will be resurrected.
Maximuspayne is hired by NavalClash's owner DroopyStarfish (by July 2017), and an update allows NavalClash's plugins to operate with the latest version of Minecraft (1.12). December 2017 - SlimeFun is added to NavalClash server, enhancing game play and allowing nuclear bombs to be hand planted and used to destroy faction bases. To the dismay of many players, these were quickly removed due to misuse and illegal greifing.
- Early 2018 was a turbulent time, due to several changes due to take place. NavalClash's owner, Droopystarfish had announced a new season that would completely eliminate SlimeFun, add several new weapons, rules, and a new map.